Celebrate AMERICA with this simple dessert!
Can anyone else believe it’s already July? If you’re like me, and short on time and ideas for a summer barbecue, you’ll love this festive dessert. It’s ready in a snap, and as a bonus for those of us trying to fit into their swimsuit, it’s practically guilt-free with less than 200 calories/serving.
Red, White, & Blueberry Trifle
Adapted from The Hungry Girl
- One 8-oz. container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 vanilla pudding snack containers
- 5 cups cubed angel food cake
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 dry pint fresh blueberries
- In a bowl, fold pudding into whipped topping.
- In a large glass bowl or trifle dish, evenly layer half of each ingredient, starting with the angel food cake, followed by the strawberries and blueberries.
- Repeat layers with remaining ingredients. Serve right away, or refrigerate until your party!
How easy is that? I told you it’s a snap, and it’s a refreshing end to your start-of-summer BBQ!
Do you have a favorite barbecue dish to share? Leave us a comment below and let us know!