This sweet, tangy bread is perfect for breakfast
Looking for the perfect breakfast bread to go with your morning coffee? We’ve got a great recipe for you to try. My co-worker is a super-talented baker, and today she brought in this Lemon-Blueberry Bread to share with us.
The bread isn’t too dense, like some fruit loaves can be. The lemon gives it a nice brightness, and the burst of blueberries complements the sweetness perfectly. Give this recipe a try and let us know how you like it!
(Modified from a Taste of Home recipe)
Makes approximately 16 servings
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, lemon juice and eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in the blueberries and lemon peel.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Cool completely and serve.
Do you have a favorite sweet bread recipe for spring? Share it with us below!